Rob is 50 years old, runs his own property company and lives in West Yorkshire with his wife Jo and their two boys. Politics has been a passion since reading Economics at University, after which he went into accountancy before setting up his property business.
Rob moved from Surrey to Yorkshire in 1999, becoming Chairman of the key marginal seat of Elmet. He went on to become a modernising Area Chairman for West Yorkshire developing the use of campaign centres and open primaries for candidate selection.
Rob was then elected Regional Chairman for Yorkshire and The Humber, the key battleground of the 2010 election; where the Party made significant gains. In 2011 he was elected to the main Party Board and became Co-Chair of the Membership Committee.
Rob was awarded an OBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours 2015 for political service.
He enjoys spending time with his family; skiing, sailing, playing cricket and golf. Rob will be running the Great North Run again this year for Charity.
Experience in Politics
President National Convention and Chair of the Party Conference (2014 -)
Vice President National Convention (2011 – 2014)
Chairman Party’s Membership Committee (2011-)
Finance & Audit Committee (2011-2018)
Regional Chairman Yorkshire and The Humber Region (2008-2011)
Area Chairman for West Yorkshire (2005-2008)
Area Team Member for West Yorkshire (2003 -2008)
Association Chairman, Elmet Conservative Association (2003-2006)
Deputy Chairman, Elmet Conservative Association (1999-2002)
President, Leeds City Conservative Association (Since 2008)
Chairman, Brighouse Campaign Centre (2007-2011)
Chairman, Leeds Campaign Centre Committee (2006-2010)
Political Researcher, Westminster (1994)
A track record of getting things done:
- Instigated the creation of a new outsourcing membership service for associations, CAMS.
- Secured extra funding for improvements in our campaigning infrastructure, through shared resources and campaign centres.
- Successfully encouraged more activists from northern regions to apply to become candidates.
- Ensured our Party’s resources are always targeted foremost at our campaigning activities.
- Introduced a new pro-forma regional directory, increasing the accuracy of our activist database.
- Introduced a reduced membership subscription rate for members of our Armed Forces.
“I have known Rob for many years…He has the personality, gravitas, initiative and leadership skills to serve the Party at the highest level. He has proved to be very popular amongst our senior activists in the West Midlands who see him as being both effective and an excellent communicator.”
Regional Chairman, West Midlands Region 2010-13